FC Dallas’ Diaz, Thomas Out At Least 6 Weeks
FRISCO (AP) — FC Dallas midfielders Mauro Diaz and Hendry Thomas are expected to miss at least six weeks after Diaz had surgery on his ailing right knee and Thomas tore a leg muscle in a game at San Jose.
The team said Tuesday that Diaz had arthroscopic surgery to remove loose cartilage in his knee after missing three straight games. The 23-year-old Argentine is tied for second on the team with three goals in eight games.
Diaz could be out up to 10 weeks.
Thomas underwent a procedure to drain fluid from the torn muscle in his right leg, an injury sustained in a 2-1 loss to the Earthquakes on Saturday.
This isn't a seat back I'll be back and will overcome this obstacle and get stronger when I comeback to the field. Thank u FC Dallas family—
hendry thomas✌️ (@hendryt6) May 13, 2014
The 29-year-old Honduran could be out up to eight weeks. He is fourth on the team with 748 minutes.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Top 3 Potential Additions To The Cowboys Running Back Depth Chart
- The Top 5 Potential Playoff Starting Pitchers Under 26 Years-Old
- Notre Dame’s Zaire Seeks To Stay Calm Vs Texas Longhorns
- Ring Announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr.: ‘If Floyd Underestimates Berto, He Could Be In Trouble’
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: August 31st-September 4th
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures