FC Dallas’ Diaz, Thomas Out At Least 6 Weeks
Sports Fan Insider
FRISCO (AP) – FC Dallas midfielders Mauro Diaz and Hendry Thomas are expected to miss at least six weeks after Diaz had surgery on his ailing right knee and Thomas tore a leg muscle in a game at San Jose.
The team said Tuesday that Diaz had arthroscopic surgery to remove loose cartilage in his knee after missing three straight games. The 23-year-old Argentine is tied for second on the team with three goals in eight games.
Diaz could be out up to 10 weeks.
Thomas underwent a procedure to drain fluid from the torn muscle in his right leg, an injury sustained in a 2-1 loss to the Earthquakes on Saturday.
This isn't a seat back I'll be back and will overcome this obstacle and get stronger when I comeback to the field. Thank u FC Dallas family—
hendry thomas✌️ (@hendryt6) May 13, 2014
The 29-year-old Honduran could be out up to eight weeks. He is fourth on the team with 748 minutes.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Union Appeals Rice’s Indefinite Suspension By NFL
- North Texas Teen To Play In Junior Ryder Cup
- CBS Sports Steve Tasker Weighs In On Falcons Vs Buccaneers on Thursday Night Football
- My Favorite Course: Erik Compton
- Anheuser-Busch ‘Disappointed’ In NFL
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures