FRISCO (AP) — FC Dallas midfielders Mauro Diaz and Hendry Thomas are expected to miss at least six weeks after Diaz had surgery on his ailing right knee and Thomas tore a leg muscle in a game at San Jose.
The team said Tuesday that Diaz had arthroscopic surgery to remove loose cartilage in his knee after missing three straight games. The 23-year-old Argentine is tied for second on the team with three goals in eight games.
Diaz could be out up to 10 weeks.
Thomas underwent a procedure to drain fluid from the torn muscle in his right leg, an injury sustained in a 2-1 loss to the Earthquakes on Saturday.[tweet https://twitter.com/hendryt6/status/466299688829071361 width=’330′]
The 29-year-old Honduran could be out up to eight weeks. He is fourth on the team with 748 minutes.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas A&M Stuns Reigning Champ UNC 86-65 In NCAA 2nd Round
- Keenan Evans, Texas Tech Head To Sweet 16 After Win Over Florida
- Cowboys Release CB Orlando Scandrick, Will Save $3 Million
- Jets Acquire No. 3 Overall Draft Pick From Colts
- TCU Falls To Syracuse In First Round Game Of NCAA Tournament
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures