Fort Worth PD: Woman Murdered Roommate
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Fort Worth police have arrested Lakeeshia Wright, 31, for the shooting death of her male roommate.
Officers were called to the Sandy Oaks Apartments, at 1559 Sandy Lane, at 12:55 Tuesday morning.
Upon arrival, they found a 22-year-old man had been shot. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say they do not know the nature of the relationship between Wright and the deceased, other than they shared an apartment together. They say the two fought before the shooting.
Police found the possible murder weapon in a nearby field before arresting Wright for murder.
She was also found to be in possession of marijuana and was charged with Prohibited Substance in Correctional Facility.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- TCU Security Guard Arrested For Improper Photography
- Fort Worth Neighbors Braces For Another Storm
- Leaking Sulfuric Acid Found At Houston-Area Storage Facility
- Internet Billionaires Face Off In Renewed Texas Space Race
- 1 Dead, 2 Seriously Injured In Dallas Accident
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures