NEW YORK (AP) – NBA owners discussed Donald Sterling’s CNN interview and the plans to terminate his ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers in the third meeting of the advisory/finance committee.
A day after Commissioner Adam Silver repeated his desire to force Sterling to sell quickly, the committee met via conference call. League spokesman Mike Bass says the owners reviewed the status of the charge for termination of the Clippers’ ownership and plan to meet again next week.
Sterling criticized Magic Johnson in the interview that aired Monday, his first public comments since Silver banned him for life for making racist comments. Silver apologized to Johnson in a statement, adding that owners were working “as expeditiously as possible” on the process for removal.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teen Might Have Fallen Asleep Before Deadly Crash
- “Deepwater Horizon” Film Shows Disaster’s Human Toll
- Safety A Big Topic With The State Fair Of Texas Just 3 Days Away
- Pence Breaks With Trump, Says Humans Affect Climate Change
- Cuban Responds To Trump’s Tax Comments
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures