NBA Owners Meet Again To Discuss Sterling Removal
Sports Fan Insider
NEW YORK (AP) – NBA owners discussed Donald Sterling’s CNN interview and the plans to terminate his ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers in the third meeting of the advisory/finance committee.
A day after Commissioner Adam Silver repeated his desire to force Sterling to sell quickly, the committee met via conference call. League spokesman Mike Bass says the owners reviewed the status of the charge for termination of the Clippers’ ownership and plan to meet again next week.
Sterling criticized Magic Johnson in the interview that aired Monday, his first public comments since Silver banned him for life for making racist comments. Silver apologized to Johnson in a statement, adding that owners were working “as expeditiously as possible” on the process for removal.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gov. Rick Perry Continues Travel Schedule Despite Texas Case
- A Miraculous Recovery, Fort Worth Doctor Survives Ebola
- The Ice Bucket Stops With Obama
- Ford Recalling More Than 160,000 Vehicles
- Texas Woman Seeks $123M For False Facebook Profile
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures