NBA Owners Meet Again To Discuss Sterling Removal
Sports Fan Insider
NEW YORK (AP) – NBA owners discussed Donald Sterling’s CNN interview and the plans to terminate his ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers in the third meeting of the advisory/finance committee.
A day after Commissioner Adam Silver repeated his desire to force Sterling to sell quickly, the committee met via conference call. League spokesman Mike Bass says the owners reviewed the status of the charge for termination of the Clippers’ ownership and plan to meet again next week.
Sterling criticized Magic Johnson in the interview that aired Monday, his first public comments since Silver banned him for life for making racist comments. Silver apologized to Johnson in a statement, adding that owners were working “as expeditiously as possible” on the process for removal.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Back Spillman Pending Assault Probe
- Houston’s Visit To Dallas 50.2% Above Season Average For Cowboys Tickets
- CBSDFW Local Picks: NFL Week 5
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Four American League Teams Left To Chase World Series
- Cowboys RB Murray Named NFC Offensive Player Of Month
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures