DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A police standoff in north Dallas ended early Wednesday morning after six hours, with authorities still unable to locate the suspect. The incident started at around 10:45 p.m. on Tuesday night at a home in the 6100 block of Royalton Drive.
According to law enforcement officials at the scene, a 25-year-old man had gotten into some sort of altercation with his two parents and another relative. At some point during the incident, the man pulled out a gun. Police were called to the home — including SWAT officers — and the three family members were able to escape without injuries.
But it appeared as though the armed man was still barricaded inside.
After several unsuccessful attempts to make contact with the suspect, authorities were able to determine that the man was no longer in the home after all. Officers have since left the scene and are now questioning the three family members as they search for the suspect.
The man faces three charges of deadly conduct for threatening his three family members with a gun.
- AAA Survey Finds Retail Gasoline Prices In Texas Up 2 Cents
- BIG 12 Preview: Texas vs Oklahoma State
- House Lawmakers Heap Criticism On Wells Fargo CEO
- BIG 12 Preview: Oklahoma vs TCU
- At Least 1 Dead After Commuter Rail Crash In New Jersey
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures