DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A police standoff in north Dallas ended early Wednesday morning after six hours, with authorities still unable to locate the suspect. The incident started at around 10:45 p.m. on Tuesday night at a home in the 6100 block of Royalton Drive.
According to law enforcement officials at the scene, a 25-year-old man had gotten into some sort of altercation with his two parents and another relative. At some point during the incident, the man pulled out a gun. Police were called to the home — including SWAT officers — and the three family members were able to escape without injuries.
But it appeared as though the armed man was still barricaded inside.
After several unsuccessful attempts to make contact with the suspect, authorities were able to determine that the man was no longer in the home after all. Officers have since left the scene and are now questioning the three family members as they search for the suspect.
The man faces three charges of deadly conduct for threatening his three family members with a gun.
- Ex-Prosecutors Unsure If Nursing Home Deaths Involved Crimes
- SEC Reveals 2016 Hack That Breached Its Filing System
- Jake LaMotta, Boxer Who Inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ Dies At 95
- Dallas Stars Led The Way With Major Moves In NHL Offseason
- More Charges, New Defendant In Texas Human Smuggling Case
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures