Sea Turtle Gets New Home In Grapevine
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) – At least Eddie didn’t have to pay for checked baggage.
The green sea turtle found floating off the South Carolina coast almost two years ago took a Southwest Airlines commercial flight to Texas on Tuesday to his new home.
Eddie was found floating off Edisto Island in August of 2012 and was taken to the Sea Turtle Hospital at the South Carolina Aquarium in Charleston. The juvenile turtle has a problem diving and cannot return to the wild.
Southwest Airlines donated a commercial passenger seat for Eddie and his crate. His new home is at the Sea Life Aquarium in Grapevine, Texas.
The South Carolina Aquarium treats about 30 sick or injured sea turtles a year. Eddie is the first to fly on a commercial flight.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Homicide Investigated At Dallas Apartment Complex
- Crash In Seagoville Causes AT&T Outage
- Dallas Firefighters Battle Nearly 50 Fires Overnight
- Dallas Police K-9 Squad Honored At Dog Show
- 21-Year-Old Shot And Killed In Dallas; Suspect Sought
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures