DALLAS (AP) – Former President George W. Bush is hosting a Dallas conference on monetary policy featuring former Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.
Bush will also speak at Monday’s conference organized by the George W. Bush Institute. Discussions are expected to include ways to achieve stronger economic growth.
Panels are set on the impact of monetary policy on growth and the role and future of the Federal Reserve. Panelists include the current presidents of the Federal Reserve Banks in Dallas and San Francisco along with other business leaders and scholars.
Economic growth is one of the areas of focus for Bush’s policy institute, which is part of the George W. Bush Presidential Center on the campus of Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Weather Stops Balloon Launches Then Suspends Festival In Plano
- Convicted Rapist Uses Fundraiser To Help Rape Victims
- North Texas Sneaks By Rice 42-35 In 2OT
- No. 6 Houston Routs Texas State 64-3
- Police: Washington Mall Shooting Suspect In Custody
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures