Davis & Abbott Debate Their Debate Schedule
DALLAS (AP) – Democrat Wendy Davis wants six debates across Texas before voters elect a new governor in November, but Republican Greg Abbott wants her to accept two proposals already on the table.
Davis said Tuesday she wants the first debate in the Rio Grande Valley in July. A debate schedule is the latest disagreement between the candidates: Abbott began this week by calling on Davis to join him in accepting televised debates in September and October.
Abbott rejected the proposal from Davis, who called for a couple single-issue debates and two town hall formats.
Texas hasn’t seen a general-election debate in the governor’s rate in nearly a decade. Gov. Rick Perry in 2010 stuck to his vow not to debate Democrat Bill White unless his opponent released his tax returns.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Diahann Carroll Honored By TBAAL For Work
- TCU Security Guard Arrested For Improper Photography
- Over 300 Birds Seized From Alleged Cock Fighting Operation
- Johnson Co. Residents Clean Up After Storm Hits
- Amber Alert Canceled After 3 Children Found In Houston
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures