NEW YORK (AP) – Microsoft says it will produce a larger version of its Surface tablet to make the device more compelling as a laptop replacement.
The Surface Pro 3 will have a screen measuring 12 inches diagonally, up from 10.6 inches in previous models. Microsoft says it’s also thinner and faster than before.
Microsoft announced the device Tuesday at an event in New York.
The Surface is an important part to CEO Satya Nadella’s mobile-focused strategy. Microsoft is trying to boost sales of Windows tablets and phones to stay relevant with consumers as computing habits change.
The first Surface came out in late 2012 to lackluster sales. The Surface 2’s debut last October came with a greater marketing emphasis on tasks people normally tackle on laptops, such as creating documents and editing movies.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Army Veteran To Receive Home From Local Charity
- Vacant Elementary School Catches On Fire
- Recovery Efforts Continue For Boy Who Fell Into Brazos River
- Coast Guard Closes Neches River After Oil Spill
- Spieth Earns 8th PGA Win, 1st in Texas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures