Denton Pharmacist And Husband Arrested For Money Laundering, Drug Charges
DENTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A Denton pharmacist and her husband are both under arrest, accused of money laundering and diverting controlled drugs.
Pharmacist Susan Megwa and her husband Eronini Megwa, owners of Megs Pharmacy on Sunset Street in Denton are in custody.
On Tuesday Denton Police, The Drug Enforcement Administration and Texas State Board of Pharmacy executed search warrants at the pharmacy and at the couple’s Southlake home.
Kirsten Arnold, General Counsel for the State Pharmacy Board says in such cases, the pharmacist and the pharmacy could lose their licenses.
She indicates there may have been a third arrest of a pharmacy tech, although Denton PD is not confirming that.
The Denton Record Chronicle reports the charge involves money laundering over $200,000 against two suspects and three charges of diversion of controlled substance.
Denton police say the investigation continues and they’re not releasing any further details yet.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 20-Year-Old Man Kidnapped At Gunpoint
- Video Appears To Show Texas Deputies Shot Man With Hands Up
- Supreme Court Rules Against Clerk In Gay Marriage Case
- Blue Bell’s Hometown Return Brought Relief To Employees, Residents
- Getting Kicks With Bricks… Through Windshields In Dallas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures