Fielder Out Of Rangers Lineup, Won’t Travel To Detroit
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – A herniated disk will keep Prince Fielder out of the Texas Rangers’ lineup Wednesday for the fourth game in a row.
Fielder will not travel with the team to Detroit for a four-game series against the Tigers beginning Thursday and appears likely to miss additional games.
The first baseman had played in 547 consecutive games before receiving an injection Saturday to alleviate pain from a herniated disc in his neck.
Rangers manager Ron Washington said, “(Fielder) feels normal, but he felt normal yesterday until he swung a bat.”
A team spokesman said Fielder would remain behind to see Dr. Drew Dossett Friday. “Depending on what happens (Friday), he might go to Detroit after that.
Texas center fielder Leonys Martin wasn’t in the lineup for a second consecutive day because of a stiff neck.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- 30 Players: Semien Looks To Break Out With A’s
- Truck Crashes Into Fort Worth Business, Killing Woman
- Dallas DA Speaks At SMU, Briefly Addresses Difficult Week
- Texas Has Its Own Religious Freedom Law
- Haltom City Neighbors Upset Of Property Purchase By Televangelist
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures