ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A herniated disk will keep Prince Fielder out of the Texas Rangers’ lineup Wednesday for the fourth game in a row.
Fielder will not travel with the team to Detroit for a four-game series against the Tigers beginning Thursday and appears likely to miss additional games.
The first baseman had played in 547 consecutive games before receiving an injection Saturday to alleviate pain from a herniated disc in his neck.
Rangers manager Ron Washington said, “(Fielder) feels normal, but he felt normal yesterday until he swung a bat.”
A team spokesman said Fielder would remain behind to see Dr. Drew Dossett Friday. “Depending on what happens (Friday), he might go to Detroit after that.
Texas center fielder Leonys Martin wasn’t in the lineup for a second consecutive day because of a stiff neck.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Protest Planned For House Speaker Paul Ryan’s Texas Visit
- 7 Earth-Size Worlds Found Orbiting Star; Could Hold Life
- New Voter ID Bill Prompts Texas To Ask Court For More Time
- Teen’s Warning About Shirt Wrapped Around Windshield Goes Viral
- 2017 NBA Second Half Preview – Western Conference
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures