DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Dallas police say one person has been fatally shot and three others were wounded after a man with a rifle opened fire outside a tire store in Oak Cliff on Wednesday.
Police on Thursday did not immediately say whether anyone has been arrested following the shootings during an apparent argument.
Police responded to reports of gunfire in the 4500 block of Village Fair Drive and found 29-year-old William Hill of Dallas dead at the scene. Witnesses told officers that a man with a rifle chased Hill before shooting him several times.
Police say three other people were grazed by gunfire and suffered wounds not believed to be life-threatening. One person was treated at the scene and the other two were transported to a hospital.
A Dallas Police helicopter was launched to search for the shooter. Investigators did not immediately provide details on what prompted the gunfire.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Oak Cliff Library Checks Out More Than Books
- North Texas Woman Gets $55,000 Hotel Bill For ‘Unspecified Damages’
- Promising Wonder Pill Adds Years To Dog’s Life
- Rangers To Retire Uniform Number Of Ivan ‘Pudge’ Rodriguez
- President Trump Signs First Executive Order Regarding Obamacare
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures