DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Dallas police say one person has been fatally shot and three others were wounded after a man with a rifle opened fire outside a tire store in Oak Cliff on Wednesday.
Police on Thursday did not immediately say whether anyone has been arrested following the shootings during an apparent argument.
Police responded to reports of gunfire in the 4500 block of Village Fair Drive and found 29-year-old William Hill of Dallas dead at the scene. Witnesses told officers that a man with a rifle chased Hill before shooting him several times.
Police say three other people were grazed by gunfire and suffered wounds not believed to be life-threatening. One person was treated at the scene and the other two were transported to a hospital.
A Dallas Police helicopter was launched to search for the shooter. Investigators did not immediately provide details on what prompted the gunfire.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Storm Chasers Honor ‘Twister’ Star Bill Paxton With GPS Tribute
- Police Say More Than 100 Jewish Cemetery Headstones Damaged
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Scares Up Big $30.5 Million Debut
- Joseph Wapner, Star Of ‘The People’s Court,’ Dies At 97
- Officer Hospitalized After Vehicle Crashes Into Patrol Car
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures