OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (AP) – Joe Sabatini had two hits and knocked in a run to help Baylor defeat Kansas 4-3 and eliminate the third-seeded Jayhawks from the Big 12 baseball tournament at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark in Oklahoma City.
Lawton Langford, Grayson Porter, Aaron Dodson and Logan Brown each had a hit in Thursday’s game for the No. 7 seeded Bears (25-30). Winning pitcher Drew Tolson went six innings and gave up three runs on six hits. He struck out five and walked one. Daniel Castano and Josh Michalec combined for three innings of scoreless relief.
Ka’iana Eldredge had three hits and Connor McKay drove in two runs for Kansas (34-24).
Baylor scored four runs in the third inning to take a 4-1 lead. Kansas scored twice in the top of the sixth.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- McMaster Out; Bolton Next National Security Advisor
- Atmos Says Repairs To Pipelines Almost Complete In Northwest Dallas
- Mutiny On Greyhound Bus To Dallas As Driver Was Falling Asleep
- Free Mobile Flu Vaccination Clinics Extended In Dallas County
- Dallas City Staff Want To Regulate Share Bikes, Avoid Talk Of Docking System
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures