Baylor Hangs On, Beats Kansas At Big 12 Baseball Tourney
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (AP) – Joe Sabatini had two hits and knocked in a run to help Baylor defeat Kansas 4-3 and eliminate the third-seeded Jayhawks from the Big 12 baseball tournament at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark in Oklahoma City.
Lawton Langford, Grayson Porter, Aaron Dodson and Logan Brown each had a hit in Thursday’s game for the No. 7 seeded Bears (25-30). Winning pitcher Drew Tolson went six innings and gave up three runs on six hits. He struck out five and walked one. Daniel Castano and Josh Michalec combined for three innings of scoreless relief.
Ka’iana Eldredge had three hits and Connor McKay drove in two runs for Kansas (34-24).
Baylor scored four runs in the third inning to take a 4-1 lead. Kansas scored twice in the top of the sixth.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Texas Kids Prepare To Compete For Championship In Taekwondo
- Fort Worth Duplex Damaged By Fire Caused By A/C
- Fans Get Perfect Traffic Storm When Cowboys, Rangers Play At Same Time
- Cowboys Are Now 0-3 In Preseason
- Trump Says He’ll Decide On Third Party Bid Soon
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures