DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The smell of stick-to-your-ribs barbeque will settle into Deep Ellum when Pecan Lodge BBQ opens Friday.
The barbeque joint was nudged out of the Dallas Farmers Market after the city sold its property to an outside company four years ago.
Its new location starts serving their signature brisket from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Pecan Lodge’s southern fare was recognized by numerous publications in the past. In 2011, Texas Monthly picked Pecan Lodge as the best barbecue newcomer in Texas. Southern Living magazine declared that they sold the South’s Best Butt. Then came Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and the No. 2 position in Texas Monthly’s 2014 “The 50 Best BBQ Joints … in the World!”
The larger location offers expanded hours. Barbeque fiends can now order up for the first time on Friday and Saturday nights.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Turns Self In To Tarrant County Authorities For Wife’s Murder
- Nene’s 28 Lead Rockets Past Thunder For 3-1 Series Lead
- Darvish, Rangers Finish 4-Game Sweep, Beat Royals 5-2
- Police Pick Up Adorable Intruders: A Pair Of Pygmy Goats
- US Gas Prices Rise 3 Cents Over 2 Weeks, To $2.46 A Gallon
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures