DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The smell of stick-to-your-ribs barbeque will settle into Deep Ellum when Pecan Lodge BBQ opens Friday.
The barbeque joint was nudged out of the Dallas Farmers Market after the city sold its property to an outside company four years ago.
Its new location starts serving their signature brisket from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Pecan Lodge’s southern fare was recognized by numerous publications in the past. In 2011, Texas Monthly picked Pecan Lodge as the best barbecue newcomer in Texas. Southern Living magazine declared that they sold the South’s Best Butt. Then came Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and the No. 2 position in Texas Monthly’s 2014 “The 50 Best BBQ Joints … in the World!”
The larger location offers expanded hours. Barbeque fiends can now order up for the first time on Friday and Saturday nights.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- North Texas Students Trek South To Help Another Football Team
- “Extremely Dangerous” Dam Failure Prompts Evacuations In Puerto Rico
- Tens Of Millions Of Dollars Remain In Past Dallas Bond Programs
- Wheels And Warbirds Come To Addison
- Big Tex, Extra Security In Place As Preparations Continue For State Fair
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures