DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police are investigating three aggravated robberies wherein the suspect used a machete to threaten victims in the past two weeks.
The first robbery happened around 8:45 p.m. May 12 in the 1700 block of John West Road in Far East Dallas. The victim was sitting in his car when a man walked up with a gun in one hand and a machete in the other. The suspect opened the car door and robbed him before fleeing, according to police documents.
The second and third robberies were reported Tuesday in Red Bird. Around 5:15 a.m., two men approached a 30-year-old man in the 7600 block of Indian Ridge Trail. One of the men had a machete and the other was holding a gun.
About 30 minutes later, two similar men approached a 56-year-old man who was checking his mail in the 5100 block of Mark Trail Way. They held up the gun and machete. They shoved the victim to the ground and robbed him. One of the suspects then kicked the victim in the back of the head before fleeing the location, according to police documents. The victim sustained swelling to the back of his head.
Police haven’t verified whether these are serial offenses, and the investigation is ongoing.
The map shows the locations of the offenses.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Washington In The College Football Playoff
- Barnes, Matthews Power Mavs Past Bulls 107-82
- City Leaders To Hear Recommendations Of Dallas Commission On Homelessness
- DeSoto Community Reacts To Delayed Parade Due To Football
- Fort Worth Symphony Musicians And Management Reach Tentative Agreement
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures