ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — A teenager was shot and seriously injured in north Arlington overnight in what police are calling a botched attempted robbery.
The shooting occurred around 3 a.m. at the Manchester Park Apartments on Lincoln Drive near Lamar Blvd. When officers arrived at the scene, the victim was nowhere to be found.
The shooting victim had been transported to Arlington Memorial Hospital by a group of three friends.
Police say this group attempted to commit a robbery at the apartment complex. During the incident, one of the robbery suspects pulled a gun on the victims, who struggled with the armed suspects. A second robbery suspect then fired shots at the first robbery suspect, hitting him multiple times.
“The victims of the robbery were not injured,” said Arlington Police Sergeant Jeffery Houston. “The suspects that were trying to rob them — one of them ended up shooting the other one. They all fled the scene together.”
The group then fled to the hospital, where they were questioned by police.
Because of the serious nature of his injuries, doctors decided to transport the shooting victim to Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth by air ambulance.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Hundreds Of Thousands Across US March For Gun Control
- French Officer Who Swapped Himself For Hostage Dies Of His Injuries
- Texas Tech In Elite Company; Beats Purdue
- Christina Morris’ Mother Opens Up About Daughter’s Remains Found After 3-Year Search
- Controversial Gorilla Back At Park… No Longer Black
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures