JASPER, TX (AP) — A boating collision in East Texas has left two people dead and another person injured.
Authorities say the collision occurred along a bend of the Angelina River in Jasper County, not far from the Louisiana line.
A man and a woman in one boat were killed Saturday afternoon while a man in the second boat was injured and taken to a hospital for treatment. Three children also were in the second boat but none were hurt.
Authorities said Sunday the names of the victims will not be released until families are first notified.
Alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the collision but there was no immediate word if speed was.
Game wardens say several other minor boating accidents have been reported in the region Saturday and Sunday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stopgap Spending Bill To Be Unveiled As Congress Finishes Up
- UT-Arlington Cruises To Sixth Straight Win
- Luck Throws For 4 TDs, Colts Rout Jets 41-10
- Walker Leads Balanced Effort As Hornets Beat Mavs 109-101
- Experts: The Future Is Now For Self-Driving Cars
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures