FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The summer season is one of the worst times for needy families across the nation. Some one-in-four kids go to bed hungry at night, and 12 percent of Americans are low income. But a North Texas group is making a huge difference, one meal at a time.
At the Community Food Bank of Fort Worth, workers are helping thousands of families across DFW put food on the table each day. But humans are not the only ones feeling the hunger. Pets can become unintended victims, too. A unique partnership with the Community Food Bank of Fort Worth is helping those four-legged friends get the food they need as well.
CBS 11 News reporter Elizabeth Dinh was at the Community Food Bank of Fort Worth on Monday morning to find out how you can help.
- Chaos In Dallas After Overturned Tanker Truck Closes High Five
- Burned Body Identified As Missing Texas College Student
- Lawyer: Feds Unexpectedly Drop Charges Against 17 Immigrants
- NFL Players Respond To President Trump’s Request For Names Of People To Pardon
- High Court: Online Shoppers Can Be Forced To Pay Sales Tax
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures