FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The summer season is one of the worst times for needy families across the nation. Some one-in-four kids go to bed hungry at night, and 12 percent of Americans are low income. But a North Texas group is making a huge difference, one meal at a time.
At the Community Food Bank of Fort Worth, workers are helping thousands of families across DFW put food on the table each day. But humans are not the only ones feeling the hunger. Pets can become unintended victims, too. A unique partnership with the Community Food Bank of Fort Worth is helping those four-legged friends get the food they need as well.
CBS 11 News reporter Elizabeth Dinh was at the Community Food Bank of Fort Worth on Monday morning to find out how you can help.
- Johnny Depp’s Wife Files For Divorce
- Dierks Bentley Goes Dark On New Record
- AAA Expects More Than 38 Million Memorial Day Travelers
- Soldiers Placing 230K U.S. Flags At Arlington National Cemetery
- Sharks Beat Blues To Reach Stanley Cup Finals
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures