Allen QB Kyler Murray Verbally Commits To Texas A&M
ALLEN (CBSDFW.COM) – Allen quarterback Kyler Murray, one of the top quarterbacks in the class of 2015, announced his intentions to attend Texas A&M on Wednesday.
I'll be joining Coach Sumlin and The Texas A&M Aggies! #GigEm—
Kyler Murray (@TheKylerMurray) May 28, 2014
Murray had reportedly narrowed his choices down between A&M and the University of Oregon.
The verbal commitment is non-binding. Recruits can sign National Letters of Intents in February.
A&M was the long suspected favorite to land Murray. Kyler’s father, Kevin, attended A&M and was a star quarterback from 1983-86.
As a starter for Allen, Murray is 27-0 with two Class 5A state championships. Murray was named the 2013-14 Gatorade Texas Football Player of the Year, after throwing for 3,669 yards and 46 touchdowns, while rushing for 1,274 yards and 19 TDs.
The Aggies currently have the top rated QB from 2014, true freshman Kyle Allen, as well as sophomore Kenny Hill of Southlake.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Staples: Customer Data Exposed In Security Breach
- Rondo Wants Another Title Run In Move To Dallas
- Perry: Top Official Resigning Over No-Bid Contract
- Unexpected Surprise For Some Collin County Burglary Victims
- Animal Shelter At Code Red Full; Specials Offered
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures