DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A fake ID ring has been broken up in Dallas, and the suspects had been keeping an eye on the federal agents watching them.
Four men were arrested for selling fake IDs in front of a meat market in the 800 block of North Westmoreland Road in Oak Cliff.
After responding to a complaint call, police say one of the men went to a car to retrieve his ID and officers spotted multiple IDs with several Social Security cards in the vehicle.
Following a search police found more IDs and material used to create them, along with surveillance photos of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, as well as the cars they were driving. They also found a Homeland Security search warrant.
All 4 men have been charged with tampering with a government record and several other felonies.
“Purchasing a fake ID is a felony.” said Sgt. Richard Santiesteban with the DPD financial crimes unit.
“Showing them to an employer is a felony 2,” Santiesteban warned. “We will go to your job and arrest you on the spot.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Scientist: Python Perplexing Maine City Actually An Anaconda
- Citizen Complaints Against Police Way Down In Denton
- Baylor WR Suspended 3 Games After Being Caught Abusing Dog On Video
- 10 Questions With Pro Wrestling’s Next Big Star, Adam Cole
- Gas Leak Closes Busy Intersection In Addison
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures