DALLAS (AP) – Southwest Airlines is being fined $200,000 for advertising a fare sale too good to be true.
The U.S. Department of Transportation said Thursday that in TV ads last October the airline promised flights from Atlanta to New York, Chicago and Los Angeles for just $59 — but didn’t make any seats available at that price.
The government says Southwest’s ads were deceptive and violated rules on advertising of airline fares.
Southwest is being required to pay an extra $100,000 that was suspended after a similar offense last year.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- SPCA of Texas Rescues Dogs From South Korean Dog Meat Farm
- Woman Attacked At Dallas Apartment Complex
- Police: Dallas Teen Forced Kidnap Victim To Take Drugs
- Wanted Dallas Rapist Turns Himself In
- Poll: Most Teens Admit To Being Addicted To Smartphones
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures