LOS ANGELES (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – “Jeopardy!” champion Julia Collins is keeping her winning streak alive.
The TV game show says Collins scored her 19th consecutive victory on Thursday’s contest. That puts her in a second-place tie for most consecutive non-tournament wins.
She shares the No. 2 spot with season 22 contestant David Madden. The top “Jeopardy!” player is Ken Jennings, who won 74 straight games in season 21 for a total of $2.5 million.
The 31-year-old Collins’ latest victory pushed her cash prize total to $410,000.
The Chicago-area resident already has set another record: She’s won more games and more money than any other female contestant.
Collins began taping her “Jeopardy!” appearances in January but remained mum about the outcome — although she did quit her business consultant job.
You can catch Collins on “Jeopardy!” weeknights on TXA 21. Click here for program listings.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Truck Crashes Into Dallas Elementary School
- 2 Mexican Cousins Get Life In US Prisons For Helping In Southlake Murder
- AP Source: Red Sox Get Ace Chris Sale From White Sox
- Arctic Sea Ice Hits Record Monthly Low For 7th Time In 2016
- Researchers Worry As Info Lags On Pot Use By Older Adults
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures