Sam Houston Edge’s Dallas Baptist 2-1 In Fort Worth Regional
Sports Fan Insider
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - Travis Lee’s single in the top of the eighth scored the winning run for No. 3 Sam Houston State in a 2-1 victory over No. 2 Dallas Baptist Friday in the NCAA Fort Worth regional.
Lee sent a low line drive up the middle, scoring Corey Toups from second base to advance Sam Houston (42-17) into the winners’ bracket. The 1-1 tie had stood since DBU (40-20) scored in the fifth inning.
Beyond scoring the decisive run, Toups led Sam Houston’s offensive charge, going 2 for 2 with a walk and was hit by a pitch.
Sam Houston starter Tyler Eppler (9-6) picked up the win, throwing seven innings, allowing an earned run on eight hits and striking out six.
Alan Scott picked up his fifth save of the season, striking out five in two innings of work.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ride Safety Inspections A Priority At State Fair
- Police Searching For Missing 76-Year-Old Woman
- PayPal Opens The Door A Bit For Bitcoin Payments
- Computer System DPD Passed On Working Great For Sheriff’s Deputies
- Woman Breaks Window, Rescues Baby In San Antonio
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures