Sam Houston Edge’s Dallas Baptist 2-1 In Fort Worth Regional
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – Travis Lee’s single in the top of the eighth scored the winning run for No. 3 Sam Houston State in a 2-1 victory over No. 2 Dallas Baptist Friday in the NCAA Fort Worth regional.
Lee sent a low line drive up the middle, scoring Corey Toups from second base to advance Sam Houston (42-17) into the winners’ bracket. The 1-1 tie had stood since DBU (40-20) scored in the fifth inning.
Beyond scoring the decisive run, Toups led Sam Houston’s offensive charge, going 2 for 2 with a walk and was hit by a pitch.
Sam Houston starter Tyler Eppler (9-6) picked up the win, throwing seven innings, allowing an earned run on eight hits and striking out six.
Alan Scott picked up his fifth save of the season, striking out five in two innings of work.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Closing Birdie for Spieth To Share Colonial 1st-Round Lead
- DFW Airport Predicts Record Summer
- Bridge To Businesses A No-Go So Far At Joe Pool Lake
- Major Cancer Breakthrough Brewing At Baylor
- West Nile Virus Back In North Texas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures