Cooking Accident Causes Frisco Duplex Fire, Injures Two
FRISCO, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Doctors are treating two people after a fire engulfed a duplex in Frisco following a reported cooking accident.
The building on Camfield Ave near Preston Road started burning around noon Saturday.
When firefighters arrive the victims were outside the home.
Investigators say the residents were heating some oil on the stove when the pan ignited. A man and his uncle were burned during their attempts to put out the fire themselves.
Medics took both of them to Parkland Hospital. Firefighters also rescued two dogs from the home.
The duplex is about 80% destroyed.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Smith & Harden Lead Rockets Past Mavs 99-94
- Woman Dies In Fiery Richardson Car Crash
- Study: Insurers May Use Drug Costs To Discriminate
- Paroled Dallas Inmate Set To Die For Different 1996 Slaying
- Police Believe Child Sexual Predator Uses Money To Lure Kids
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures