FRISCO, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Doctors are treating two people after a fire engulfed a duplex in Frisco following a reported cooking accident.
The building on Camfield Ave near Preston Road started burning around noon Saturday.
When firefighters arrive the victims were outside the home.
Investigators say the residents were heating some oil on the stove when the pan ignited. A man and his uncle were burned during their attempts to put out the fire themselves.
Medics took both of them to Parkland Hospital. Firefighters also rescued two dogs from the home.
The duplex is about 80% destroyed.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Homeowners Want McKinney To Backpedal On New Bike Signs
- Winter Carriage Rides Keep Workers In The Cold
- Dirk Nowitzki To Receive Humanitarian Award
- Judge Reinhold Arrested At Dallas Love Field
- Sources: Suspect Killed Himself After Being Shot By Officer
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures