Cooking Accident Causes Frisco Duplex Fire, Injures Two
FRISCO, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Doctors are treating two people after a fire engulfed a duplex in Frisco following a reported cooking accident.
The building on Camfield Ave near Preston Road started burning around noon Saturday.
When firefighters arrive the victims were outside the home.
Investigators say the residents were heating some oil on the stove when the pan ignited. A man and his uncle were burned during their attempts to put out the fire themselves.
Medics took both of them to Parkland Hospital. Firefighters also rescued two dogs from the home.
The duplex is about 80% destroyed.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Report: Matthews Agrees To Four-Year Deal With The Mavs
- Police Chase Ends In Mountain Creek Lake; 2 Arrested
- Johnson County On Alert After Fourth Of July Terror Attack Warning
- When Watching Kids In The Pool, Where You Sit Matters
- Family Of 3 Siblings Who Drowned Need Money For Funerals
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures