DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Various amounts of money will be hiding in DFW on Monday night, just waiting to be found and taken. Dallas is the latest city to see the ‘hidden cash’ craze. It all begins at 6:00 p.m. on Monday night in Victory Park.
Somewhere around North Texas, there will be 10 hidden envelopes each containing a different amount of cash.
This is all part of a generous trend that started in California. Tweets were sent from @HiddenCash and people in San Francisco experienced the generosity of an anonymous do-gooder, who dropped different amounts of money — from $20 to $100 in cash — all around the city. That person then continued to pay it forward to people in other California cities, including Los Angeles on Sunday.
In each event, the cash is stashed for someone to find and keep — no questions asked.
The trend has caught on in other parts of the country as well and, on Monday night, North Texas will get a taste of the ‘hidden cash’ action.
Clues to the DFW’s hidden cash will be found on Twitter starting Monday night at @HiddenCashDFW. Organizers said that two local businesses have donated the money. Those same organizers urged participants to arrive at Victory Park even earlier than 6:00 p.m. to get the first clue.
The person behind the original @HiddenCash Twitter account said that the ‘hidden cash’ idea was their own, but they are fine with the copycats as long as the intent is the same — doing good.
- Patterson 202 Games At TCU, Snyder Seeks 201st K-State Win
- During First Look At Wildfire Rubble, Residents In A Daze
- Chris Arnold Stories: NBA Legends Ballin’ In Roger Staubach’s Backyard
- Trader Joe’s Hummus Recalled For Possible Listeria Contamination
- Rolando McClain Suspended Indefinitely For Violating NFL’s Substance Abuse Policy
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures