PLANO (CBS 11 NEWS) – If you live in Plano, outdoor watering rules could become more restrictive, if current conditions stay the same.
Currently, Plano homeowners face Stage 3 watering rules. Under the tight restrictions, Plano homeowners can irrigate her landscape daily by hand only. Sprinkler systems get one spray every two weeks.
City officials are planning a public campaign for residents, letting them know of the possibility of banning all outdoor watering – a move to Stage 4 restrictions, if conditions don’t improve.
“We are all trying to conserve, do what we can, the problem arises when the city mismanages parks like this one behind us…watering in broad daylight,” said Plano resident Kyle Sheldon.
City parks are exempt from Stage 3 rules, but officials say they are actually using less water.
Plano is part of the drought stricken North Texas Municipal Water District.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Scout Leader Remembered As Loving Mother, Generous Volunteer
- Churches Gather To Pray For The City Of Dallas
- Hamels Picks Up 11th Win, Rangers Top Royals 7-4
- Shooting At Texas Apartment Leaves Four Dead
- Kyle Busch Wins NASCAR Xfinity Series Race At Indy Again
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures