OMAHA, Neb. (AP) – The NCAA has announced sites and schedules for this weekend’s best-of-three super regionals in the Division I baseball tournament.
The Friday-through-Sunday series: UC Irvine (38-23) at Oklahoma State (48-16), Houston (48-16) at Texas (41-19), Kennesaw State (40-22) at Louisville (48-15) and Stanford (34-24) at Vanderbilt (44-18).
The Saturday-through-Monday series: College of Charleston (44-17) at Texas Tech (43-19), Pepperdine (42-16) at No. 7 national seed TCU (45-15), Mississippi (44-18) at No. 6 Louisiana-Lafayette (57-8) and Maryland (39-21) at No. 3 Virginia (47-13).
The eight super-regional winners advance to the College World Series in Omaha, Nebraska, beginning June 14.
No. 1 Oregon State and four of the seven other national seeds lost in regionals, the most since 2007.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Man Convicted Of Choking Girlfriend Gets 80 Years In Prison
- Welcome To Texas: The Dallas World Aquarium
- Report: Rougned Odor’s Suspension Reduced By One Game
- Couple Shot While Sleeping In Their DeSoto Home
- Pair Confesses To Burglaries In Mesquite
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures