IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – A man driving the wrong direction along Loop 12 in Irving late Monday night was killed when his vehicle crashed into an 18-wheeler. The incident happened at around 10:30 p.m. near the Irving Boulevard exit.
The victim has been identified as 30-year-old William Earl Harrington IV of Irving.
According to police at the scene, Harrington was driving a Nissan and heading northbound in the southbound lanes of the highway. That vehicle slammed into an oncoming 18-wheeler and Harrington was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash caused two other vehicles to spin out of control, but nobody else was injured during this incident.
Police were on scene to conduct an investigation while crews worked to clean up massive amounts of scattered debris and a fuel spill. This closed all southbound lanes of Loop 12 overnight and into Tuesday morning’s rush hour. The highway remains shut down at this time, with no guess as to when it might open to traffic again.
- Plano Church Embraces Pokemon Go Players With New Pokéstop
- Funeral Next Week For Texas Deputy Shot In His Backyard
- Shooter Taking Aim At Vehicles Along Collin County Highway
- Powerball’s Estimated Jackpot Hits $422 Million
- Poll: Should Cowboys Keep Or Cut Randy Gregory?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures