IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – A man driving the wrong direction along Loop 12 in Irving late Monday night was killed when his vehicle crashed into an 18-wheeler. The incident happened at around 10:30 p.m. near the Irving Boulevard exit.
The victim has been identified as 30-year-old William Earl Harrington IV of Irving.
According to police at the scene, Harrington was driving a Nissan and heading northbound in the southbound lanes of the highway. That vehicle slammed into an oncoming 18-wheeler and Harrington was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash caused two other vehicles to spin out of control, but nobody else was injured during this incident.
Police were on scene to conduct an investigation while crews worked to clean up massive amounts of scattered debris and a fuel spill. This closed all southbound lanes of Loop 12 overnight and into Tuesday morning’s rush hour. The highway remains shut down at this time, with no guess as to when it might open to traffic again.
- Wells Fargo Hit With $1 Billion Fine For Mortgage, Auto Lending Abuses
- As Prince’s Health Waned, Alarm Grew In Inner Circle
- Rory McIlroy Vows That He Will Win The Masters, One Day
- Once Long Shot, Expansion Golden Knights Now Favorite In NHL Playoffs
- Mariners Turn Unlikely Triple Play Against Astros On “Ugly Play”
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures