DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Dallas are looking for the gunman who shot two people at a gas station late Thursday night. One of the victims was a child. It happened at around 9:30 p.m. in the 9600 block of Scyene Road, in the southeastern part of the city, and police are trying to determine why these individuals were targeted.
Law enforcement officials at the scene said that somebody shot through the gas station’s front door, hitting an adult and boy who are believed to be father and son. The child looked to be about 9 years old, according to witnesses. “I think that was a good part that his dad was with him,” said store owner Arsalan Bhangda. “He hold him and grab him and run.”
Both victims were taken to Baylor Medical Center at Dallas. There has been no word yet on their conditions.
Witnesses stated that the suspect ran away from the scene, and police are now searching for that person. There are surveillance cameras around the gas station, including a police camera on a nearby pole, but it is not yet clear if they offered a good view of the gunman.
Bhangda said that he is saddened by such violence. “The detectives will come,” he said, “and then they will see how this happened and where the shot got from. But whatever happened, man, whoever got shot for no reason, that’s really bad.”
- The Elements Of Surprise: What Rangers’ Spring Training City Is Really All About
- OK Foods Recall: Chicken Could Contain Metal And Other Materials
- Garland Police Arrest Suspect Who Allegedly Robbed, Raped Subway Workers
- Dallas Police Choir Raising Money For D.C. Trip
- Cute Video: Boy Draws Fake Tattoos On His Arms Because He Wants To Be Like Dak
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures