DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Dallas are looking for the gunman who shot two people at a gas station late Thursday night. One of the victims was a child. It happened at around 9:30 p.m. in the 9600 block of Scyene Road, in the southeastern part of the city, and police are trying to determine why these individuals were targeted.
Law enforcement officials at the scene said that somebody shot through the gas station’s front door, hitting an adult and boy who are believed to be father and son. The child looked to be about 9 years old, according to witnesses. “I think that was a good part that his dad was with him,” said store owner Arsalan Bhangda. “He hold him and grab him and run.”
Both victims were taken to Baylor Medical Center at Dallas. There has been no word yet on their conditions.
Witnesses stated that the suspect ran away from the scene, and police are now searching for that person. There are surveillance cameras around the gas station, including a police camera on a nearby pole, but it is not yet clear if they offered a good view of the gunman.
Bhangda said that he is saddened by such violence. “The detectives will come,” he said, “and then they will see how this happened and where the shot got from. But whatever happened, man, whoever got shot for no reason, that’s really bad.”
- Thousands Of People Pay Final Respects To Barbara Bush
- Dallas County Nearly Doubles Couple’s Property Value
- North Korea Says It Has Suspended Nuclear, Missile Testing
- Railroad Commissioner Responds To Dallas Mayor’s Comments
- Former President George Bush Greets Those Saying Goodbye To Former First Lady
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures