Team USA Arrives In Brazil For World Cup
SAO PAULO (AP) – The U.S. World Cup team has arrived in Brazil.
The Americans landed in Sao Paulo on Monday morning on a commercial flight from Miami and arrived at their downtown hotel on a bus with the American flag and the slogan “United by team, driven by passion.” A helicopter hovered overhead.
Four soldiers in fatigues, about two dozen police in riot gear and what appeared to be several plain clothes security stood outside the hotel, which is adjacent to a park on a tree-lined street. The Americans will train at nearby Sao Paulo FC until Friday. They then fly 1,450 miles north to Natal for their opener Monday against Ghana, the team that eliminated them from the last two World Cups.
An initial training session in Brazil was scheduled for late afternoon.
Appearing in their seventh straight World Cup, the Americans also play Portugal and Germany in the group stage.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Suffer 33-10 Thanksgiving Loss To Eagles
- Dallas FD Respond To 2-Alarm Apartment Fire
- Arlington Wal-Mart Employees Join National Boycott Against Unfair Wages
- Cowboys Fan Opt For A Tailgating Thanksgiving
- Inactives: Eagles vs Cowboys
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures