Cowboys’ Lee Set For Surgery On Left Knee
IRVING, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – Sean Lee is scheduled to have his left knee operated on this Thursday, Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett says. The standout middle linebacker sustained the injury on the first day of OTAs on May 27.
The Cowboys continued to maintain that this is essentially a torn ACL. Sources tell us, however, that Lee was informed that the damage sustained could be more serious than that.
The Cowboys have the option of Lee being put on the physically unable to perform list, giving him the chance to still play this season.
“We’ll see what that surgery indicates and we’ll make our decisions from there,” Garrett says.
A source close to Lee says he is likely to have Dr. Dan Cooper perform the procedure, which under most circumstances is season-ending.
(© Copyright 2014 CBS Local a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- A Grieving Mother’s Question to Police: “Wouldn’t You Get Him Medical Treatment Before An Arrest?”
- Report: Fort Worth Police & Fire Taking Longer To Respond
- Security Changes For DFW Airport After Weekend Scare
- Arlington Teen Makes A Wish To Further His Education
- Police: Serial Rapist Offered In-Home Massage And Hair Services
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures