IRVING, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – Sean Lee is scheduled to have his left knee operated on this Thursday, Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett says. The standout middle linebacker sustained the injury on the first day of OTAs on May 27.
The Cowboys continued to maintain that this is essentially a torn ACL. Sources tell us, however, that Lee was informed that the damage sustained could be more serious than that.
The Cowboys have the option of Lee being put on the physically unable to perform list, giving him the chance to still play this season.
“We’ll see what that surgery indicates and we’ll make our decisions from there,” Garrett says.
A source close to Lee says he is likely to have Dr. Dan Cooper perform the procedure, which under most circumstances is season-ending.
(© Copyright 2014 CBS Local a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Record Setting Bass Caught In Texas With A McDonald’s McNugget
- Pregame Baseball Nuggets: Napoli’s Powerful May, Martinez vs Pomeranz & More
- Governor Abbott Signs Educator Misconduct Reform Bill
- Texas Tech Downs Baylor, Stays Alive At Big 12 Tourney
- Monstrous Cyclones Churning Over Jupiter’s Poles
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures