BEREA, Ohio (AP) – The Browns are keeping Johnny Manziel under wraps and quiet.
The team is not making their popular Heisman Trophy-winning rookie quarterback available to the media during its three-day mandatory minicamp this week. Manziel is competing with Brian Hoyer for Cleveland’s starting job.
Manziel has spoken to reporters twice following practices since the Browns selected him in the first round of the NFL draft last month. The team plans for Manziel and Hoyer to be available next month when training camp opens.
Manziel returned to Cleveland on Monday after spending a fun-filled weekend in Texas. He was photographed floating in a pool while drinking a bottle of champagne at an Austin nightclub. He was drafted by the San Diego Padres and attended Game 2 of the NBA Finals, wearing a Cleveland Cavaliers cap.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- “Silent March” Planned For Downtown Dallas Friday
- After Turmoil Sanders, Mrs Obama, Warren Thrill Convention
- Hacker Targets Woman’s Amazon Account
- Rowlett Tornado Victim Displays His Anger With Insurance Company
- Texas Kidnapper Who Helped Find New Remains Sent To Oklahoma
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures