FORT WORTH, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Some scary moments for two people on-board a small plane in Fort Worth today.
The Fort Worth Fire Department says a single engine plane was trying to land at Meacham Airport in Fort Worth Tuesday afternoon when an indicator light showed the nose gear wasn’t locked.
When the plane did try to land the nose gear on the Bellanca Viking collapsed and the plane skidded about 300 feet on the runway.
Fort Worth firefighters chased the plane and sprayed it with foam and water to make sure it didn’t ignite.
The two people on board were not hurt.
No word yet what caused the gear to collapse.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- DCHHS Confirms 3rd Zika Virus Case In Dallas County
- Twitter Makes Timeline Changes To Resemble Facebook
- Andy Dalton Seeks Public’s Help After Losing Bags On Way To Airport
- RFK’s Assassin Seeking Parole For 15th Time
- U.S. Women’s Soccer Team To Be Briefed On Zika Virus
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures