FORT WORTH, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Some scary moments for two people on-board a small plane in Fort Worth today.
The Fort Worth Fire Department says a single engine plane was trying to land at Meacham Airport in Fort Worth Tuesday afternoon when an indicator light showed the nose gear wasn’t locked.
When the plane did try to land the nose gear on the Bellanca Viking collapsed and the plane skidded about 300 feet on the runway.
Fort Worth firefighters chased the plane and sprayed it with foam and water to make sure it didn’t ignite.
The two people on board were not hurt.
No word yet what caused the gear to collapse.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Complaint Alleges Texas Charter Schools Abusing Visa Program
- Gas Prices Across Texas Average 2.07 Per Gallon
- Cute Encounter With Baby Gorilla At Fort Worth Zoo
- Suspect Accused Of Recording Girl In Dressing Room Identified
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles Selected To Host Super Bowls Through 2021
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures