Texans’ OT David Quessenberry Diagnosed With Lymphoma
HOUSTON, Texas (AP) – The Houston Texans say offensive tackle David Quessenberry has lymphoma and has been placed on the NFL’s non-football illness list.
The team said Tuesday that the 23-year-old Quessenberry had a persistent cough over the past week and was tired, prompting him to seek an evaluation. He is being treated at a Houston-area hospital.
NFL (@nfl) June 10, 2014
The 6-5, 300-pound Quessenberry is a second-year pro from San Jose State. Houston drafted him with the eighth pick of the sixth round (No. 176 overall) in the 2013 draft and he was signed a month later.
Texans general manager Rick Smith called Quessenberry “a fighter and a courageous young man and we look forward to his full and complete recovery.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- WWE’s Daniel Bryan Says ‘Yes!’ To Chipotle
- Perry Says Obama Made World Less Safe
- DFW Auto Theft Ring Suspects Identified
- Mansfield Woman Charged In Death Of 3-Year-Old Son
- USGS Confirms Earthquake In Irving
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures