FORT WORTH, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Fort Worth police are searching for two women who they say wear wigs and ripoff banks. Only they believe they’re dealing with two different serial robbers.
The latest surveillance video shows a woman wearing a short auburn wig walking into the Wells Fargo bank on Bellaire Drive just after 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday.
She demanded cash and threatened to hurt the teller and everyone else in the bank if she didn’t get the money.
The suspect’s left hand appears to have a bandage on it.
“We believe she has an accomplice who cases a bank before she enters it.” said FWPD Officer Sharron Neal.
Police believe the female suspect also robbed a Comerica Bank on Camp Bowie Boulevard the day before and another bank in May.
In a separate string of robberies, a woman wearing a long blond wig robbed four Fort Worth banks from January to May of this year.
Anyone with information that leads to an arrest can claim a reward of up to $1,000 dollars from Crime Stoppers.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Woman Robbed At Intersection By Man She Thought Was Panhandling
- Family Says Kids Belong In Coppell ISD; District Says “No”
- People Revisiting Their Youth At Adult Sleepaway Camp
- Yu Darvish Homers In Rangers Win Over Reds
- Sex Toys Displayed At UT Protest Against Campus Carry
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures