DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Dallas Police are searching for three inmates who were released by mistake in recent days.
This month, the department began using a new electronic records system. The department says a mistake with the system prevented the burglary suspects from being charged within the required 72 hours.
As a result, the jail was forced to release the inmates.
Officers are searching for the men with plans to re-arrest them.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- I-Team: First Ever Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Freestanding ERs
- New Warning About Troubled Dallas Police & Fire Pension Fund
- Area Police Departments Chip In For Grief-Stricken Little Elm
- Hundreds Gather To Honor Fallen Little Elm Detective
- FC Dallas Player Recovering At Home After Being Hit By Car
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures