Tesla Motors Opens First Dallas Location This Week
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Tesla Motors has announced it will open its first Dallas “Gallery” at North Park Center this Friday. The California-based auto maker has already opened similar store fronts in Austin and Houston.
Customers will be able to see the Model S up close and learn about electric driving with interactive and visual displays.
But Model S will not be for sale at the new North Park location.
Texas law bans automakers from operating their own dealerships, so Texans wanting to buy the award-winning and highly coveted electric car must place an order online.
Last week, Texas Governor Rick Perry toured through California’s state capitol in the Tesla Model S in a bid to lure the company’s battery factory to the state. California and Texas are among a handful of states fighting for the planned battery plant, which will represent a $5 billion investment from the car company and its partners.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- High School Athletes Shoot For Clean Bill Of Health Before School
- Trains Silencing Horns Through Downtown Mesquite
- Mavs Sign First Round Draft Pick Justin Anderson
- Frisco Police Investigating Deadly Shooting
- Once MLB Trade Deadline Dust Settles, Your Fantasy Roster May Need Some Tweaks
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures