Manziel Agrees To Contract With Browns
CLEVELAND (AP) – The Browns have agreed to terms with quarterback Johnny Manziel on his rookie contract.
Financial terms of the deal were not immediately available.
The Browns moved up in May’s NFL draft to select the popular and polarizing Manziel in the first round with the No. 22 overall pick. The former Heisman Trophy winner will enter training camp next month as Cleveland’s No. 2 quarterback behind veteran Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
Browns coach Mike Pettine recently stressed that Manziel has some catching up to do, but made it clear that Hoyer’s lead was not “insurmountable.”
Manziel went 20-6 in two seasons at Texas A&M, where he earned the nickname “Johnny Football” for his dynamic playmaking abilities and became the first freshman to win the Heisman. The Browns have signed four of their six 2014 draft picks.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 5 Texas Counties Won’t Meet New Ozone Standard
- Whole Foods Recalls Vegan Pumpkin Pies
- Top 5 Holiday Scams And How To Avoid Them
- Secret Santa Surprises Saginaw Family With Decoration
- It’s The Annual ‘Black Pieday’ At Fort Worth Pastry Shop
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures