SAN ANTONIO (AP) – It’s a day for San Antonio Spurs fans to pay tribute to the Spurs and their fifth NBA championship.
The Spurs will receive their tribute Wednesday evening as they’ll float barges down the San Antonio River to fans crowding the downtown River walk. After that, Mayor Julian Castro will headline a special ceremony at the Alamodome, where the Spurs will receive tributes for their fifth NBA championship.
The events will be televised locally and webcast on Spurs.com.
The Spurs defeated the Miami Heat in five games, sealing their title on Sunday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Spokesperson: Christina Morris’ Family Hopes Final Resting Place Is In Allen
- Keenan Evans, Texas Tech Head To Sweet 16 After Win Over Florida
- Police: Gunman Kills Ex-Wife At California Mall, Wounds Self
- Police Investigating Murder At Garland Apartment Complex
- Cowboys Release CB Orlando Scandrick, Will Save $3 Million
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures