SAN ANTONIO (AP) – It’s a day for San Antonio Spurs fans to pay tribute to the Spurs and their fifth NBA championship.
The Spurs will receive their tribute Wednesday evening as they’ll float barges down the San Antonio River to fans crowding the downtown River walk. After that, Mayor Julian Castro will headline a special ceremony at the Alamodome, where the Spurs will receive tributes for their fifth NBA championship.
The events will be televised locally and webcast on Spurs.com.
The Spurs defeated the Miami Heat in five games, sealing their title on Sunday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Highland Park School Officials Apologize After Author Heckled
- UT Arlington Beats Troy For Share Of Sun Belt Title
- Plan For Muslim Cemetery Closer To Approval In Collin County
- Questions Remain After Dallas Woman Found Dead Inside Deputy’s Home
- Frisco Students Turn Trash Into Musical Treasures
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures