SAN ANTONIO (AP) – It’s a day for San Antonio Spurs fans to pay tribute to the Spurs and their fifth NBA championship.
The Spurs will receive their tribute Wednesday evening as they’ll float barges down the San Antonio River to fans crowding the downtown River walk. After that, Mayor Julian Castro will headline a special ceremony at the Alamodome, where the Spurs will receive tributes for their fifth NBA championship.
The events will be televised locally and webcast on Spurs.com.
The Spurs defeated the Miami Heat in five games, sealing their title on Sunday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bathroom Choice Debate Intensifies In North Texas
- Mosquitofish Inexpensive Ally In Zika Virus Fight
- Faksa Has Goal And Assist, Stars Beat Blues 2-1 In Game 1
- Cowboys’ Jaylon Smith – A Medical Risk But ‘Never Doubt God’
- Tornado Damages Buildings In East Texas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures