SAN ANTONIO (AP) – It’s a day for San Antonio Spurs fans to pay tribute to the Spurs and their fifth NBA championship.
The Spurs will receive their tribute Wednesday evening as they’ll float barges down the San Antonio River to fans crowding the downtown River walk. After that, Mayor Julian Castro will headline a special ceremony at the Alamodome, where the Spurs will receive tributes for their fifth NBA championship.
The events will be televised locally and webcast on Spurs.com.
The Spurs defeated the Miami Heat in five games, sealing their title on Sunday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Texts Show Ezekiel Elliott Accuser Discussing Blackmail
- 5 Missing After Army Helicopter Goes Down Off Hawaii
- Will Zeke Suspension Lead To Trouble For NFL & Commissioner Goodell?
- Obama’s Post-Charlottesville Message Most-Liked Tweet Ever
- Cowboys QB Moore Healthy, Now Behind Prescott
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures