Little River-Academy Police Chief Shot & Killed
LITTLE RIVER-ACADEMY (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The police chief in a small Central Texas town has been shot dead while checking a report of an armed man.
Lee Dixon had been police chief in Little River-Academy for a month after holding the job previously in 2004-2005.
Lt. Donnie Adams of the Bell County Sheriff’s Department says Dixon went to the scene of the call of a man with a gun about 5 p.m. Dixon declined the offer for assistance, but then called back and asked that a second unit be sent to his location. Shortly thereafter, the sheriff’s dispatcher began receiving calls about shots fired and an officer down.
Adams says the suspect, 56-year-old David Risner, is in custody.
Situated in Bell County, Little River-Academy is about 140 miles southwest of Dallas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- UFC Welterweight Robbie Lawler Previews Saturday’s Main Event
- Source: Mavs ‘Zeroing In’ On Jameer Nelson
- Babe Previews Cowboys Training Camp From Oxnard
- Study: Teen Use Of Growth Hormone Is On The Rise
- One Dead, One Injured In Head-On Collision In Wylie
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures