DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Despite pubic outcry from residents, The Trammel Crow Company is building a Sam’s Club in Uptown.
People who live near the intersection of Central Expressway and Haskell Avenue said the city developer misled them about the plans for the area.
Residents opposed to the big box store said they wanted the plan commissioners to open a new zoning process to prevent it from being built. They even took their fight to Dallas City Hall.
The group told CBS 11 News that they’re worried about safety and road congestion, and said that they were promised shops, restaurants, hotels and apartments — a mirror of the upscale development on the the other side of the freeway.
But city planners voted not to prevent it. The development is scheduled for a formal vote by city leaders on July 10.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Weather Stops Balloon Launches Then Suspends Festival In Plano
- Convicted Rapist Uses Fundraiser To Help Rape Victims
- North Texas Sneaks By Rice 42-35 In 2OT
- No. 6 Houston Routs Texas State 64-3
- Police: Washington Mall Shooting Suspect In Custody
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures