DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Thieves attempted to swipe an ATM from a north Dallas credit union early Friday morning. Police were called at around 2:30 a.m. the Go Federal location in the 5400 block of the LBJ Freeway, not far from the Dallas North Tollway and Galleria Dallas.
When authorities arrived at the scene, they determined that the crooks had used a backhoe to hit the machine. Pieces of the ATM were scattered across the credit union’s parking lot.
According to police, a construction worker was passing by the area and spotted the thieves. The criminals got spooked by that worker’s presence and fled from the scene before they could get any money.
Officials have not yet made any arrests in this case, nor have they released any descriptions of possible suspects.
- Officials ID Suspect In Chase That Led To Police Crash
- Texas Pilot Sentenced To 3 Years For Drug Smuggling Flight
- President Trump: Criticism Of NFL Players Not About Race
- Target To Up Hourly Base Pay To $15 By End Of 2020
- With One Week Left, Diligent Fantasy Baseball Owners Are About To Be Rewarded
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures