DALLAS COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – An Arlington police officer is under investigation for a deadly shooting that happened while he was off duty.
The officer, who has yet to be identified, was involved in an altercation with Juan May, 45, in the parking lot of Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, 800 E. Hwy 67 in Duncanville, around 12:40 a.m. Sunday.
According to the Dallas County Sheriff’s Department, the officer was returning to the parking lot on a party bus tour with about 20 other people.
The Dallas County Sheriff’s Department will handle the criminal investigation.
According to the Arlington Police, the officer has been with the department for eight years and is on standard administrative leave with pay pending the investigation. His name will not be released until after the Dallas County Sheriff has finished interviewing him, which should happen sometime this week.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Burning Blue: Meet Dallas’ Newest Professional E-Sports Team
- Plano Councilman Will Not Resign Following Anti-Islam Facebook Post
- Funeral Held For Soldier Who Died Saving Others In NYC Fire
- For School Shooting Suspect, Main Question Is Life Or Death
- Facebook To Verify Ads With Postcards After Russian Meddling
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures