DALLAS COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – An Arlington police officer is under investigation for a deadly shooting that happened while he was off duty.
The officer, who has yet to be identified, was involved in an altercation with Juan May, 45, in the parking lot of Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, 800 E. Hwy 67 in Duncanville, around 12:40 a.m. Sunday.
According to the Dallas County Sheriff’s Department, the officer was returning to the parking lot on a party bus tour with about 20 other people.
The Dallas County Sheriff’s Department will handle the criminal investigation.
According to the Arlington Police, the officer has been with the department for eight years and is on standard administrative leave with pay pending the investigation. His name will not be released until after the Dallas County Sheriff has finished interviewing him, which should happen sometime this week.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Slain Convenience Clerk’s Wife Devastated
- Talk Of Moving TSA Checkpoints Outside
- Oak Lawn Men Say They Were Chased By Fake Officer
- North Texas Researchers Working On Alzheimer’s Cure
- Helpful Reminder In Wake Of Deadly Accident
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures