DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Emergency crews in Dallas responded to a house fire early Tuesday morning. The incident started at about 4:00 a.m. in the 400 block of Grandview Avenue, near Santa Fe Avenue on the city’s east side.
Heavy flames and smoke were showing when firefighters first arrived at the home. Crews were able to get the blaze under control, and the scene was cleared about two hours later.
Two people were injured during the fire. A man was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. Meanwhile, a female was taken to Baylor Medical Center at Dallas in unknown condition. She may have also required treatment for smoke inhalation.
While those two victims both made it out with their lives, the family’s pet dogs were not so lucky. Several animals — officials were unable to give an exact number — perished in this incident, due to either fire or smoke inhalation.
The cause of the blaze has not yet been determined.
- Rangers Beat Rays; Clinch Home Field In Playoffs
- Widow Of Veteran Facing Foreclosure From HOA
- Trio Allegedly Robbed Store, Beat Clerk
- Texas Exits Refugee Resettlement Program Over Security Concerns
- Thousands Attend Texas Launch Of New Selena Cosmetics Line
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures