DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Emergency crews in Dallas responded to a house fire early Tuesday morning. The incident started at about 4:00 a.m. in the 400 block of Grandview Avenue, near Santa Fe Avenue on the city’s east side.
Heavy flames and smoke were showing when firefighters first arrived at the home. Crews were able to get the blaze under control, and the scene was cleared about two hours later.
Two people were injured during the fire. A man was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. Meanwhile, a female was taken to Baylor Medical Center at Dallas in unknown condition. She may have also required treatment for smoke inhalation.
While those two victims both made it out with their lives, the family’s pet dogs were not so lucky. Several animals — officials were unable to give an exact number — perished in this incident, due to either fire or smoke inhalation.
The cause of the blaze has not yet been determined.
- Army Veteran To Receive Home From Local Charity
- Vacant Elementary School Catches On Fire
- Recovery Efforts Continue For Boy Who Fell Into Brazos River
- Coast Guard Closes Neches River After Oil Spill
- Spieth Earns 8th PGA Win, 1st in Texas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures