ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The NBA remains the leader in diversity among professional sports leagues.
According to a report released Tuesday, the NBA received an A-plus grade for racial hiring and B-plus for gender hiring on its annual Racial and Gender Report Card. The league received an overall grade of A.
This is the sixth consecutive overall A grade the NBA has received in the annual report by the Institute of Diversity and Ethics in Sport.
With Michael Jordan the Charlotte Hornets’ majority owner and Vivek Ranadive the new controlling owner of the Sacramento Kings, the NBA is the first major pro league to have two owners of color.
The league set records this season with assistant coaches of color at 46.7 percent and 48.4 percent of its referees.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Walmart Expands Grocery Service With Uber To Dallas
- NFL, Goodell Working On 5-Year Contract Extension
- Contenders And Pretenders In AL Wild Card Race
- Gallo Suffers Non-Displaced Nasal Fracture In Collision With Bush
- There Is Still Time To Win Your Fantasy Baseball League
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures