Study: NBA Maintains Strong Diversity Numbers
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The NBA remains the leader in diversity among professional sports leagues.
According to a report released Tuesday, the NBA received an A-plus grade for racial hiring and B-plus for gender hiring on its annual Racial and Gender Report Card. The league received an overall grade of A.
This is the sixth consecutive overall A grade the NBA has received in the annual report by the Institute of Diversity and Ethics in Sport.
With Michael Jordan the Charlotte Hornets’ majority owner and Vivek Ranadive the new controlling owner of the Sacramento Kings, the NBA is the first major pro league to have two owners of color.
The league set records this season with assistant coaches of color at 46.7 percent and 48.4 percent of its referees.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Christie Promises Blunt 2016 Campaign
- Snake Found In Toilet At North Texas Museum
- North Texas To Start Spraying For West Nile
- Curry Passes LeBron As NBA’s Top Jersey
- Paramedics & Driver Walk Away After Ambulance Wreck
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures