Study: NBA Maintains Strong Diversity Numbers
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The NBA remains the leader in diversity among professional sports leagues.
According to a report released Tuesday, the NBA received an A-plus grade for racial hiring and B-plus for gender hiring on its annual Racial and Gender Report Card. The league received an overall grade of A.
This is the sixth consecutive overall A grade the NBA has received in the annual report by the Institute of Diversity and Ethics in Sport.
With Michael Jordan the Charlotte Hornets’ majority owner and Vivek Ranadive the new controlling owner of the Sacramento Kings, the NBA is the first major pro league to have two owners of color.
The league set records this season with assistant coaches of color at 46.7 percent and 48.4 percent of its referees.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Security Guard Recalls Garland Terror Attack
- Body Found In Uptown Dallas Parking Garage
- Six Flags Announces Expansion For 2016 With 3 New Rides
- Fire Breaks Out At Gas Plant In Wise County
- Labor Day Travel: Behind The Scenes At A Busy Airport
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures