FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — A 50-year-old man has been sentenced to 75 years in prison for the repeated sexual assault of two young sisters.
Jurors deliberated just 24 minutes in convicting Michael King of continuous sexual abuse of children. He is not eligible for parole.
The abuse took place over a number of years. According to prosecutors, King gave the girls candy and told them not to tell anyone.
In the summer of 2013, the girls — then ages 10 and 6 — told their mother what had been happening. The girls were taken to the Fort Worth Police Department and an investigation was launched.
King was subsequently arrested and charged.
“Thanks to the courage of these two young girls, the jury ensured that the defendant will die in prison,” said Prosecutor Dale Smith.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- House Fire, Pension Limbo Impacting Retired Dallas Officer
- Top 5 Changes Coming To DFW In The Next 10 Years
- Court Document: WEN Hair Product Contains “Synthetic Allergens”
- Puppy Recovering After Overdosing On Owner’s Heroin
- ExxonMobil Inspires Girls To Pursue Future In Engineering
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures