FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — A 50-year-old man has been sentenced to 75 years in prison for the repeated sexual assault of two young sisters.
Jurors deliberated just 24 minutes in convicting Michael King of continuous sexual abuse of children. He is not eligible for parole.
The abuse took place over a number of years. According to prosecutors, King gave the girls candy and told them not to tell anyone.
In the summer of 2013, the girls — then ages 10 and 6 — told their mother what had been happening. The girls were taken to the Fort Worth Police Department and an investigation was launched.
King was subsequently arrested and charged.
“Thanks to the courage of these two young girls, the jury ensured that the defendant will die in prison,” said Prosecutor Dale Smith.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Romo’s Next Post-Cowboys Move? Retirement?
- Netflix’s DVD Service Faces Uncertain Future
- More Tributes For Fallen Detective As Suspect Details Emerge
- Obama Bridged Gap Between Politics & Hip-Hop
- Lady Antebellum Is Back With New Music
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures