LAKE RAY HUBBARD (CBSDFW.COM) — Authorities are searching for an elderly man who was last seen fishing Tuesday afternoon on Lake Ray Hubbard.
Dallas Police Senior Corporal DeMarquis Black says that a body was found near the Highway 66 bridge on the lake, but the identification has not been confirmed.
A pontoon boat was located near the lake’s east shore, but 69-year-old William Neskorik was nowhere to be found.
“Concerned citizens called 9-1-1 at approximately 4:30 p.m. reporting that he observed a pontoon boat earlier in the day further out in the water,” said Corporal Black. “It was now floating along the shoreline and it was unanchored and unoccupied.”
Corporal Black says there’s a chance that Neskorik got off the boat at the shoreline, and it floated away.
Authorities have been searching the area on foot and have boats in the water.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Stakes High For Texas Voting Laws With 2018 Election Looming
- Texas House Passes ‘Sanctuary City’ Ban With Tough Jail Penalty
- United Raising Limit On Payments To Bumped Flyers To $10,000
- Rangers Avoid Sweep With 14-3 Win Over Twins
- Stakes Running High In Battle Over Dallas Police-Fire Pension
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures