Kimbell Art Museum To Display Bass Collection
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – The private art collection of Fort Worth philanthropists Nancy Lee and Perry Bass is scheduled for an exhibition next spring at the Kimbell Art Museum.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports “Masterpieces From the Collection of Nancy Lee and Perry Bass” will be displayed from March 1 through May 25 at the Fort Worth museum.
The Basses collected numerous important works from 19th century impressionists to artists of the mid-20th century, including pieces by van Gogh, Picasso, Monet and Renoir.
Perry Bass was the nephew and heir of Fort Worth oil tycoon Sid Richardson. He died in 2006 and wife Nancy Lee died last year, after which museum Director Eric Lee approached their four sons about exhibiting their collection.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Denton Barbers Help Homeless Resident Get New Look
- Cowboys Fans Opt For A Tailgating Thanksgiving
- Cowboys and FishTips Destroyed by Philly
- Fort Worth Considering Demolishing 5 Public Pools
- Black Friday Shoppers Start Earlier Than Ever
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures