Kimbell Art Museum To Display Bass Collection
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – The private art collection of Fort Worth philanthropists Nancy Lee and Perry Bass is scheduled for an exhibition next spring at the Kimbell Art Museum.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports “Masterpieces From the Collection of Nancy Lee and Perry Bass” will be displayed from March 1 through May 25 at the Fort Worth museum.
The Basses collected numerous important works from 19th century impressionists to artists of the mid-20th century, including pieces by van Gogh, Picasso, Monet and Renoir.
Perry Bass was the nephew and heir of Fort Worth oil tycoon Sid Richardson. He died in 2006 and wife Nancy Lee died last year, after which museum Director Eric Lee approached their four sons about exhibiting their collection.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Jacksonville Jaguars Place All Of Their Eggs In Basket Of Blake Bortles
- Former DPD Officer Guilty In Beating Of Suspect Jailed
- Rocket Explodes During Test Flight; No Injuries
- Man Indicted For Aiming Laser Pointer At Aircraft
- Officer’s Association Calling For FWPD Chief’s Resignation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures