$12 Million Lotto Texas Jackpot Still Unclaimed
AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The winning ticket from the January 1 Lotto Texas drawing still hasn’t been presented and as the deadline looms for its redemption, the drawing’s grand prize of $12 million remains unclaimed.
Monday is the last day the ticket buyer can redeem the ticket sold at a South Shore Shell gas station on Farm Road 518 in League City, near Houston. The Texas Lotto Commission says the ticket buyer opted for a lump-sum cash payout of more than $7.5 million, while the retailer has received a check last March for more than $121,000.
A ticket-holder forfeits any claim to a prize beyond 180 days after the drawing. Unclaimed prizes revert back to the state, and more than $837 million in unclaimed Texas lottery prizes have reverted to the state since 1995.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Hillsboro Man Gets 40 Years For Hurting Infant Son
- CBS Sports’ Tony Gonzalez Talks Broncos vs. Dolphins
- Texas Auditor Criticizes Program Run By Schools
- Mother’s Intuition Screamed ‘Predator’ After Run-In With Child Abuser
- Traffic Alert: TxDOT Switching Lanes ON 75
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures