IRVING (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The Big 12 is redesigning its logo, sticking with the same roman numerals for the 10-team conference.
The second rebranding since the league formed in 1996 features a rounded, modern-looking “XII” to replace a more traditional block design. The new look was unveiled Monday, a day before the July 1 start of the athletic year for colleges.
The league said earlier this year there were still no plans to change the name despite realignment that resulted in a net loss of two schools.
Conference officials have said they aren’t considering expansion but haven’t ruled it out.
The teams of the Big 12 Conference include (alphabetically) –
Iowa State University
University of Kansas
Kansas State University
University of Oklahoma
Oklahoma State University
University of Texas
Texas Christian University
Texas Tech University
West Virginia University
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Market Watch: Stocks Extend Rally To New Highs
- Jeff Hardy Opens Up About TNA Wrestling, Concussion Fears, New Album
- Chris Arnold Stories: Blind Date In The Windy City
- Cowboys Hopeful On Tank For Giants Game
- Former Fort Worth Mortuary Owner Wins Appeal
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures