IRVING (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The Big 12 is redesigning its logo, sticking with the same roman numerals for the 10-team conference.
The second rebranding since the league formed in 1996 features a rounded, modern-looking “XII” to replace a more traditional block design. The new look was unveiled Monday, a day before the July 1 start of the athletic year for colleges.
The league said earlier this year there were still no plans to change the name despite realignment that resulted in a net loss of two schools.
Conference officials have said they aren’t considering expansion but haven’t ruled it out.
The teams of the Big 12 Conference include (alphabetically) –
Iowa State University
University of Kansas
Kansas State University
University of Oklahoma
Oklahoma State University
University of Texas
Texas Christian University
Texas Tech University
West Virginia University
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- A Plea To Dallas Leaders For Affordable Housing
- Specialized Nurses Helping Rape Survivors Heal At Parkland
- Dangerous Drivers Stop Traffic To Put On Show
- W. Virginia Rolls Past Baylor 11-1 In Big 12 Tourney
- Battenfield Leads Oklahoma State Past Top-Seeded Texas Tech
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures