IRVING (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The Big 12 is redesigning its logo, sticking with the same roman numerals for the 10-team conference.
The second rebranding since the league formed in 1996 features a rounded, modern-looking “XII” to replace a more traditional block design. The new look was unveiled Monday, a day before the July 1 start of the athletic year for colleges.
The league said earlier this year there were still no plans to change the name despite realignment that resulted in a net loss of two schools.
Conference officials have said they aren’t considering expansion but haven’t ruled it out.
The teams of the Big 12 Conference include (alphabetically) –
Iowa State University
University of Kansas
Kansas State University
University of Oklahoma
Oklahoma State University
University of Texas
Texas Christian University
Texas Tech University
West Virginia University
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Three Stabbed, One Critically, After Fight At Assisted Living Complex
- Investigation Finds Lack Of Oversight For School Fire Drills
- Police Investigating After Video Shows Wreckless Stunt Driving, Gunfire
- Suspect Hurt In Officer-Involved Shooting In Fort Worth
- Arlington Considers Joining Dallas In Lawsuit Against SB4
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures