LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) – An 84-year-old Washington state woman will soon be reunited with her 1953 university class ring after someone found it in a dried-up West Texas lake.
Elizabeth Clark lost her Howard Payne University class ring in 1954 in Lake Nasworthy near San Angelo when she and her future husband went for a picnic and to wade into the water.
After years of drought, the ring revealed itself in the bed of the lake and was found by a Texas woman in March.
Clark’s daughter says the ring means the world to her mother because she worked so hard to become the lone child out of 16 to finish college.
The ring will be returned to Clark at a family reunion Friday near Lubbock.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mathews Arrest Reaction: ‘He Should Have Come Clean A Long Time Ago’
- Dallas PD Plan: Rehire Retired Officers As Civilians Temporarily
- Father Of Sherin Mathews Arrested On A First Degree Felony Charge
- North Texas Department Of Veteran Affairs Names New Director
- Wise County Sheriff’s Office Looking For Missing K-9
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures