LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) – An 84-year-old Washington state woman will soon be reunited with her 1953 university class ring after someone found it in a dried-up West Texas lake.
Elizabeth Clark lost her Howard Payne University class ring in 1954 in Lake Nasworthy near San Angelo when she and her future husband went for a picnic and to wade into the water.
After years of drought, the ring revealed itself in the bed of the lake and was found by a Texas woman in March.
Clark’s daughter says the ring means the world to her mother because she worked so hard to become the lone child out of 16 to finish college.
The ring will be returned to Clark at a family reunion Friday near Lubbock.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Slams Reports Of Elliott’s Accuser Being Discredited
- Trump Disbands Economic Councils As CEOs Quit
- Johnny Depp Surprises Children At Hospital Dressed As Jack Sparrow
- Dallas Police Arrest Bank Robbery Suspect Following Brief Chase
- Mansfield Mom Gets 5 Daughters Ready For School
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures